Saturday, 16 June 2007

Dr Jan Schenker





Dear Diary,

I am so glad I can actually have a decent conversation with my 2 years & 7 months old Schenker. It is an awesome feeling when you know that your son really understands what you're saying & vice versa. These days I really enjoy talking to him. He brings great delight to our hearts.

I remember Tapsa (my Finnish team mate) once having a conversation with Schenker when he was 1 year old ....and Tapsa said "I can't wait to have a conversation with you" . It is amazing , even at that young age , friends were already enjoying talking to him. You can tell I am very proud of my kids, Schenker & Samantha.


Early yesterday afternoon, when Janet called me on the phone to check on something, Schenker told Mummy that he'd like to talk to me. Without any hesitation, Janet gave the phone to him. We talked ...and I asked him where Mummy was ? He said " Mummy is washing dishes in the kitchen" and he said it so clearly. On top of that, he said a few other things & ended the call with "I Love You Daddy" . Words like that is like fragrance to my ears ...It just makes my day. It makes you feel loved & special . Won't you feel the same too ?



The day went by ...and I came home from work at about 6.00pm. Spent the rest of the day playing with the kids. Samantha went to bed early but Schenker was active & wide awake even at 12 midnight. We (Jan , me & Schenks) were in the living room watching Barney and then, Schenker said something I didnt quite catch. I asked him what exactly he was trying to say ...and he said again " I want to be a doctor " . Wow, I almost fell off my chair. I couldnt believe what my 2 years & 7 months old boy just said. I cannot believe he's got an ambition at such a young age. I am so challenged to work hard to make it possible for my son to pursue medicine. When I was a little boy, perhaps , a little older than Schenker , my ambition was to be a road sweeper. It's funny but I really enjoyed sweeping the floor when I was little. :) BUT my son is only slightly over 2 years & he already wants to become a doctor. That is amazing !!! Praise God I didnt end up as a road sweeper in real life ..hehehhehe ! So, I do pray & hope if the Lord tarries his coming, I pray that Schenker would one day beocme a doctor & be a blessing to communities of people & above all else be a blessing to the nations. His goal in life should be to reflect the glory of God in all areas of his life.



When Janet & I got married in 2003, I told her of my desire to have our kids become doctors so that they can be a real blessing to people in need. In real honesty, it is not about how much money they can make but it is about loving people. There are very few vocations where you can be a blessing to communities. Jan teasingly said , she'd like one of them to become a Civil Engineer (like Jan) , then, I said, in that case I'd like one of them to become an Accountant (like me) ....Eventually, we both said we'll let them decide & allow God to pave the way for them.

Looking back, I can tell it is not by might, nor by power but by the spirit of God that will lead & guide our children. In truth, they are His & we are just God's instruments in bringing them up in the fear of the Lord making them men & women of stature and virtue.


Thank You Jesus for such an awesome opportunity to bring up such wonderful children. Jan & I are so blessed.


With Love,
Shanks

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Pete =) you are an inspiration Buddy ... Like you do not know how !! Lemme tell you on 12 or 13 Mar .. Frm your fan in the South .. Chuck Hisg